- Sign Up
- High Speed
- Local Interest
- About Us
- Contact Us
email account Auto-Setup Tool
POP3 Auto-Setup Tool or IMAP Auto-Setup Tool
The Auto-Setup Tool will automatically configure your email software. It can set up a new email account or adjust the configuration settings for an existing account.
To use the Auto-Setup Tool, do the following:
- Close all email software applications, if any are running.
- Click one of the links above, depending on the type of connection you want to create.
- Click the Save button and save the file to your computer. You may find it convenient to save it to your desktop.
- Double-click the EmailConfig.exe file you saved in the previous step.
- You may see a pop-up window, asking if you want to run the software. Click the Run button.
- Click the button for the application you want to set up.
- Enter the following information. Note: If you want to overwrite the configuration settings for an existing email account, please enter the identical name and email address.
- Your Name—Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- Email Address—Enter your entire email address (e.g., myname [at] nlis [dot] ca).
- If you want this email account to be your default account, click the Make this my default account box.
- If you want to adjust the configuration settings for an existing email account, be sure that the Overwrite Existing Account box is checked. Otherwise, uncheck the box.
- Click the Configure button.
- By default, your email application will open automatically when you click the "Close&rdq